A few simple prompts go a long way.
If you are looking for ways to make your virtual meetings more fun, then virtual icebreaker questions are a good start. These prompts help participants get to know each other better, and become more comfortable speaking on the call.
Our #1 tip for virtual icebreakers is to include them often, and to try to use interesting questions. A round of icebreakers only takes five minutes or so, which means that you can include this activity in most of your virtual conference calls. These questions are a great way to make Zoom calls more fun!
10 Best Virtual Icebreaker Questions for Meetings
Here are 10 icebreaker questions to start off your next Zoom call at work:
- Would you rather vacation in them mountains or by the ocean?
- What is your go-to beverage for virtual happy hours?
- Do you prefer cats or dogs?
- Which food did you dislike as a kid which you love now?
- How did you start working at the company?
- Which movie have you watched the most?
- What was your first online screen name?
- What is your phone background of?
- If you could work remote from any location, where would it be?
- What is something that people notice when they first meet you in person?
There you have it! These 10 virtual icebreaker questions are a great way to start with online team building, and remote employee engagement.
Try these questions out, and we would love to hear how they work for you!
Next, see our list of the best virtual team building activities.